You are visiting the site of the DUTCH KNOWLEDGE CENTRE for DIETITIANS
specialized in OVERWEIGHT and OBESITY (KDOO).
We are a network of registered dietitians who work in management and prevention of overweight and obesity, for adults as well as for children.
Registered dietitians are experts in the field of nutrition and dietetics, as well as in behaviour related to health and disease. Dietitians play a role at every level of prevention and management of obesity and its related comorbidities, reducing the weight related health risk and improving the quality of life. KDOO supports the importance of multidisciplinary management of obesity.
KDOO regards dietitians to be essential health professionals in obesity management and wants to improve the recognition of dietitians as specialists in this field. Our focus is:
- Support high quality management and prevention of overweight and obesity through our network of registered dietitians.
- Promote the recognition of dietitians as specialists in the field of obesity and its comorbidities.
- Increase evidence based care for obesity at every level of management.
- Aim to stay a reliable partner for other organisations of health professionals, universities and patients.
- KDOO is recognized by the Dutch Association of Dietitians (NVD)
- KDOO participates in the ESDN Obesity of EFAD (European Federation of Associations of Dietitians).
- KDOO is member of NASO/EASO.
Contact: please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org